Monday, students at Penn Manor were left wondering why they were forced out into the sticky, humid morning weather twice in one day.
At the beginning of second block, students were interrupted by a routine fire drill.
In the middle of B lunch/third block, even more unexpectedly than the first time, another fire alarm erupted in the hallways and classrooms throughout the school.
“It was a waste of time,” said sophomore Willie Welsh.
Some students questioned whether or not the fire drill was legitimate, noting the sounds of fire trucks seemingly approaching Penn Manor High School.
“I thought it was really long,” said sophomore Nick Cunningham
According to principal Phil Gale, the first fire alarm was a drill. However, the second fire alarm was due to a faulty sensor somewhere in an unspecified location of the building.
Despite the sounds of fire trucks, the waves of mass confusion and the sight of principals on their cell phones, Penn Manor remains safe for another day.
By Zane Sensenig and Paul Slaugh